Sunday, January 6, 2008

FINALLY!

I actually worked out today. It took watching the No Fun League for a few hours off and on and a lot of web editing until I went at 7pm. It was good to get out of the house. The third and final storm is supposed to hit tomorrow. Storms in California are really a joke though.

I wish I didn't skimp on my cardio but it was really de-motivational. The gym was empty and I really feed off the energy of all the people doing cardio. I had a short weight workout as usual. My new personal strategy is to do a full body workout 3 or 4 times per week only 1 exercise per body part. I'm supposed to do cardio every day but lately I find myself skipping. I'm getting fat and I will have to get back at it soon.

I have to train tomorrow so I can't spend all night working on websites tonight. I plan to start a couple new sites. I know I should focus on one at a time, but I am a ADD study. I actually got a response from one of my mentors, Lisa from 2createawebsite.com Her site helps me get started at this web business.

I experimented with google adwords today and figured out how much it will cost me to advertise for my websites. Another problem is trying to figure out how to create mouse over drop down menus. I use frontpage 2003 so anyone that can help me I'd love to hear from you.

I've decided to end every blog post with an "exercise tip of the day" so here we go.

FITNESS TIP OF THE DAY!


Interval Training- If you are like me and don't like to spend all day in the gym try interval training. Increasing or maintaining a high metabolism is the goal you should have. Performing short interval cardio training sessions is superior for revving up your metabolism than long duration bouts.

My favorite thing to do is pick a hard machine on a difficult level such as a stairmill on level 17. I'll do a 5 minute stint on the stepmill and then hit a stationary bike to catch my breath. Once my heart rate gets back down to 130 I head back to the stepmill or pick a different machine. 20-30 minutes and done.

So get your butt to the gym! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

    follow me on Twitter