Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Screeching to a halt :(

MY furious assault at putting a web presence together came to a halt today. I actually got a good 30 minutes of high intensity cardio and a nice chest & arms workout, even though I was still sore.

I am very tired because the cardio was the most intense I have did in months. My lungs are still only at 80% because of my 5 days in Tokyo. I think the worst part was when I sang karaoke at the top of my lungs while my 2 friends were chain smoking in a tiny room. The cheap wine couldn't have did any good either.

Last night or this morning at 4am I bought 6 more domain names. I now have a ton of plans but am trying to do them all at once. I just heard the 49ers hired Mike Martz to coordinate their offense. I can't wait to see him fail for what seems like the 10th time in the last couple years.

I finally advertised today for my website http://fitSF.com and have received many compliments even though I have received little as far as adsense revenue. I told myself a year.

FITNESS TIP OF THE DAY:

Women in the weight room


One of the most frustrating things I have came across in my career. I would almost go as far as to say it is a roadblock in my career. Training women to me is the most difficult thing I do. It is more psychological than physiological because of exercise myths and lack of testosterone. The latter is a good thing I might add.

For some reason women have been brainwashed over the years to think that they should lift light weights for high reps. The general consensus is that heavy weights will make them the bulky Hellga on American gladiators.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Lifting intensely is how you get results. It doesn't matter if you are a man or woman. Women lifting like "women" is what makes getting results out of women clients the most difficult task for all trainers.

Trying to get a woman to lift heavy is another story. But if there are any lovely ladies out there reading this. For the next couple weeks goto the gym and secretly lift your weights in 3 sets of 10 reps, with the 10th rep going to failure. Don't tell anyone and don't over analyze your body or go on a crazy diet. After 2 weeks have gone by, I GUARANTEE you will be receiving compliments about how great you look.

No comments:

    follow me on Twitter